Always wanted to experience for yourself the highs and lows of the Tour de France? Well this is your chance! Take on the Etape du Tour cycling challenge through some of the most spectacular and gruelling scenery the French Pyrenees have to offer.
Starting at the Pyrenean gateway of Pau and finishing at the ski resort of Hautacam near Lourdes, this year's Etape du Tour will replicate the exact route of Stage 18 of the Tour de France.
In 2014 the Etape du Tour will take place on 20th July. We're working with dedicated events company Sports Tours International to make booking your trip from race entry to hotel and flights as simple and stress free as possible!
To get involved there are two options available to you:
- Self-Funded. Pay all the tour costs yourself and simply raise what you can for our work with disabled children and young people.
- Incentivise. Pay the deposit and start fundraising. The more you raise the more we will contribute to your tour costs. Raise £1000 for Action For Kids and we will contribute £400*.
Whichever option you choose, you can be sure of the help and support you'll get from our Events Team! Sign up for the Etape du Tour and you will receive a host of benefits including:
- A top quality cycling jersey
- A dedicated member of staff to provide support and answer all your questions
- A comprehensive welcome pack including fundraising tips and training advice
- AFK merchandise including balloons, collection tins, stickers and posters
- A 'meet & greet day' at Action For Kids; a chance for you to see what we do and the impact your fundraising will have on disabled young people as well as meet other members of the Etape du Tour team and Q & A with a personal trainer!
Find out more about the Etape du Tour and see some great photos here.
* NB. Our contribution will be capped at the total cost of your trip. All funds raised must be with Action For Kids before our contribution will be released.